General Information
An image of a U.S. passportMill Creek City Hall is currently open for passport services on a reservation system and for walk-up customers. Groups of three (3) or more require an appointment. 

The reservation system shows all availability only two weeks out from today's date; New appointments are entered into the system every Tuesday morning as staff schedules are set.

Schedule your passport reservation time
Schedule Appointment
(By selecting this link you will be taken out of the City of Mill Creek website.)

The City of Mill Creek is an acceptance agent for the U.S. Department of State. You may submit your application for a United States Passport at City Hall offices during the hours listed below. You do not have to reside in Mill Creek - all are welcome.  All applicants must be present at time of application. Applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by both parents. Payment must be made by check or money order (NO CASH).

Passport Services Hours of Operation:
*Closed daily from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for lunch.
*Last walk-up appointment daily at 3:00 p.m.

  Open Close
Monday 8 AM 4:30 PM
Tuesday 8 AM 4:30 PM
Wednesday 8 AM 4:30 PM
Thursday 8 AM 4:30 PM
Friday 8 AM 4:30 PM
Saturday 8 AM 4:30 PM
Sunday Closed  

If you arrive at City Hall South for your appointment and staff members are helping others, you may be asked to wait outside. With the seasons changing, remember to dress for the weather. 

Prepare Your Application
Prior to your arrival, fill out the passport application online. This is for both first-time applicants and passport renewals.

Things to Remember
All questions on the application are about the person applying.
  • Minors should use someone other than a parent as an emergency contact.
  • Social security number is required for all applicants.
  • Mother's maiden name is required.
  • Spouse's maiden name is required.
  • Use black ink only on your application.
  • We only accept check or money orders for the passport payment. Bring TWO checks or money orders: one for the U.S. Dept. of State for the passport and expediting fees.     
  • Your emergency contact should not be someone you travel with.
  • Visit Travel.State.Gov to learn more.
Current Fees
You will need to bring TWO forms of payment with you (two separate checks or money orders). One goes with your passport to the State Department; the other is payable to the City of Mill Creek for processing.

Adult Passport Book - $130
Adult Passport Card - $30
Passport Book & Card - $160
Minor (under 16) Passport Book - $100
Minor (under 16) Passport Card - $15
Processing Fee - $35 
Expedite Fee - $60
For more detailed pricing, visit Travel.State.Gov

** Photos are not currently being taken during the appointment time. Photos may be acquired at Rite Aid, CVS or Bartell Drug Stores.

Processing Times
According to U.S. Department of State, processing times for routine and expedited applications are as follows:

Up to 8 weeks for routine processing
Up to 3 weeks for expedited processing

Mail times vary and delays have been significant. Plan ahead.

If you need a passport in LESS than 14 days, contact the Seattle Passport Office to schedule an appointment 1-877-487-2778.

Minor Passport Processing

Minors (under 16) must apply in person for both first-time passports and renewals. Passport for children under age 16 are only valid for 5 years. You will need the following:

  • Both parents
  • Birth certificate (original/certified copy)
  • Check or money order
  • Expired passport (if available)
  • Recent Photo **
  • Social security number
  • Form DS-11
  • List of acceptable documents at Travel.State.Gov

Visit - Minors under 16 website for more information on renewing passports for a minor.
VideoHow to apply for your child’s passport

Passport Renewals for Adults

Adult renewals are done through the mail. Adult renewals only processed in person if:

  • Your most recent passport has been damaged, lost, or stolen, or if it has been expired for more than five years.

  • You were under 16 years of age when your most recent passport was issued. 

For renewals by mail, you will need to mail the following:
  • A certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
  • Check or money order (see fee chart above)
  • Form DS-82
  • One recent passport photo**
  • Your expired passport 
  • More information on renewals at Travel.State.Gov
Video: How to renew your passport

Adults who were under the age of 16 when their last passport was issued must apply in person. You will need the following:
  • Check or money order
  • Expired passport
  • Form DS-11
  • Recent Passport Photo**(taken within the last 6 months)
  • Identification 

** Photos are not currently being taken during the appointment time. Photos may be acquired at Rite Aid, CVS, Bartell Drug Stores, Walgreens, and Staples.

An image saying contact us
City of Mill Creek
15728 Main St.
Mill Creek, WA 98012
Staff Directory

Hours of Operation:*
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

*Closed daily from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for lunch.
*Last walk-up appointment daily at 3:00 p.m.

Customer Comments

"I want to express my gratitude to the people working in the passport office.  They were very professional, very helpful, very efficient.  Most of all they were also very pleasant and friendly.  I began the day only finding roadblocks and delays and finished the day with a great experience due to the employees at the  passport desk  and the procedures set up by Mill Creek.  It should serve as an example to the other towns in Snohomish County and possibly the entire state as how to run a small municipality and how to deal with a problematical situation." Dan E.


"Folks don't often receive positive feedback so I wanted to send a huge thank you to the City of Mill Creek [Passport Services] for creating a culture of kindness that is felt by all.
Be well, "
~Cynthia Andrews