Police Services

The Mill Creek Police Department provides a number of services for the community, including:
  • Animal Control
  • Pet Licenses
  • Concealed Pistol License
  • Domestic Violence Advocate
  • Lost and Found Property/Evidence
  • Surrendering Firearms
  • Parking and Traffic Tickets
Buddy The Mill Creek Police Department Animal Control Division is dedicated to providing the highest level of animal care and control and to maintaining a balance of public safety and quality of life for all animals and citizens who reside in and visit the City of Mill Creek.

  • Trap and impound stray animals
  • Respond to animal bite complaints and control vicious animals
  • Provide limited wildlife services and resources
  • Respond to excessive animal noise complaints
  • Rescue sick and injured animals
  • Investigate cruelty and neglect
  • Removed deceased animals
  • Provide education and training

    The Everett Animal Shelter (EAS) holds stray animals for a minimum of 72 hours to allow owners a chance to find their lost pets. Animals on stray hold at the shelter are posted on their website

Pet Licenses
If you live within the city limits of Mill Creek and own a dog or cat which is at least four months old, you are required to license your pet with the Mill Creek Police Department. Not only is the license a requirement per the Mill Creek Municipal Code, it is also your pet's free ride home if they become lost or run away.

A pet license may be obtained by completing the application and bringing it into the police department along with proof of your pet's up to date rabies vaccination. The one-time fee of $5 per pet will purchase a lifetime license. You will be provided a tag to place on your pet's collar which will be used to identify your pet, should we ever have a need to contact you. If at any time the tag is lost, we will be happy to issue a replacement for $2.

Concealed Pistol License
The Mill Creek Police Department will process Concealed Pistol Licenses by appointment only Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., with the last appointment scheduled at 3:30 p.m. If you live within Mill Creek city limits or are a non-resident of the State of Washington, please call 425-745-6175 to schedule your appointment. Appointments may also be made by stopping by the department between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Concealed Pistol License Application
Download the application, fill it out and bring it with you to your scheduled appointment. This application must be completed for new, renewal, late renewal, and replacement licenses. Payment is due upon application submission and is non-refundable.

Licenses are valid for five years from the date of issuance. Fingerprints are required for new licenses and will be processed at the time of application. You must meet all of the following requirements to get a concealed pistol license per RCW 9.41.070:
  • Be 21 years of age or older at time of application
  • Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien with permanent resident card (green card)
  • Have no pending trial, appeal, or sentencing on a charge that would prohibit you from having a license
  • Have no outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court
  • Have no court order or injunction against possessing a firearm
  • Have never been adjudicated mentally defective or incompetent to manage your own affairs
  • Have never been committed to a mental institution
  • Have no felony convictions, or adjudications for a felony offense, in this state or elsewhere. Felony means any felony offense under the laws of Washington, or any federal or out-of-state offense comparable to a felony offense under the laws of Washington.
  • Within the past year, have not been an unlawful user of, or addicted to: marijuana, depressants, stimulants, narcotics, or any other controlled substance
  • Have not been convicted of three or more violations of Washington’s firearms laws within any five-year period
  • Have not been dishonorably discharged from the armed forces
  • Are not currently subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child, an intimate partner, or the child of an intimate partner
  • Have never renounced your United States citizenship
  • Have no convictions for any of the following crimes committed by one family member against another: assault, coercion, stalking, reckless endangerment, criminal trespass in the first degree, or violation of the provisions of a protection order or a no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence.
Concealed Pistol License Fees
  • New license $49.25
  • Renewal $32 (within 90 days prior to expiration)
  • Late renewal $42 (within 90 days after expiration)
  • Replacement $10 (lost or stolen)
  • CPL Laminating -- Now Available -- $3 (help protect your license)

 Armed Forces Renewal (Out of State Deployment)

Currently deployed members of the Armed Forces, including the National Guard and Armed Forces Reserves, who are deployed out of state, can renew their concealed pistol license by mail.  This must be done within 90 days of the expiration of the existing concealed pistol license.  The fee for this type of renewal is $32 plus a late fee of $10, making the total fee $42.  The license in this circumstance is only valid for a period of one year.

To renew the Concealed Pistol License in this circumstance, contact the Mill Creek Police Department Records Unit at (425) 745-6175 or via email at
[email protected]   We will send you the application either electronically or via standard mail.  Completed applications must be submitted with a copy of your original order, designating the period of deployment, a copy of a valid government issued ID and a check payable to the City of Mill Creek for the renewal fee. 

The law also allows for members of the Armed Forces to renew their license within 90 days of the expiration if they were deployed but have since returned to the state.  A copy of the original order deployment order is still required.  In this case, the late fee is waived and the standard renewal fee of $32 applies.


The Mill Creek Police Department has suspended fingerprinting services until further notice. The department will notify the public when the service resumes.


Domestic Violence Advocate
The Mill Creek Police Department works with citizens to actively reduce or avoid domestic violence incidents in the community.

The department also works with agencies in the region to provide resources to help citizens understand the dynamics of domestic violence, help families and friends in establishing safe environments, and provide support to victims of domestic violence.

Domestic Violence Numbers & Resources

Lost and Found Property / Evidence
Property and evidence items are held for different reasons. Items could be evidence in a criminal case, found property or held for safekeeping. Items being held as evidence in a criminal case cannot be released until final adjudication of the case and/or approval from the prosecutor’s office.

A letter will be sent to individuals whose property is being held for safekeeping. The individual has 60 days to retrieve property from the date of the letter. After that time property will be destroyed, auctioned, or given to charity.

A letter will be sent to known owners of found property. The individual has 60 days to retrieve property from the date of the letter. Found property without a known owner will be kept for 60 days. After 60 days, the found property will be destroyed, auctioned, or given to charity. Items auctioned by the Police Department are auctioned through www.propertyroom.com.

Found Property Form
If you are an individual who has turned in found property and wish to claim said property if no owner is located, you will need to fill out the Found Property Form and abide by the instructions of Rights and Responsibilities for Unclaimed Personal Property RCW 63.21.

You must have your valid government-issued photo identification as well as your case number to pick up property.

Mill Creek Police Department employs one property and evidence technician. The evidence technician is available by appointment only. If you believe you have property being held at the Mill Creek Police Department, contact Leslie Burnette at 425-921-5776.

Special Instructions to Pickup Firearms
If you are picking up a firearm, you must call the evidence technician at 425-921-5776, prior to arriving in order to schedule an appointment. You will be asked the questions necessary in order to complete the records check for firearm release. The records check process takes approximately three to five business days.

When the background check has been completed, you will be contacted via the phone number you provided and will have five business days to retrieve the firearm or the background check has to start over. A pick up appointment will be required so be sure to call ahead.

Having Another Person Retrieve Your Property
If you are having someone else pick up your property, your designee must have a legal notarized statement from you authorizing him/her to pick up your items. View the Property Retrieval Form.

Surrendering Firearms
If you are required to surrender all firearms due to an order from the court, you have 24 hours to follow the instructions detailed in this attachment.
Traffic and Parking Tickets
If you received a traffic or parking ticket from a Mill Creek Police Officer you must respond within 15 days of the issue date. All penalties for parking tickets shall be reduced by half if paid by 4:30 p.m. on the first business day following the issuance of the ticket. You may choose either to pay your ticket or request a hearing.

If you would like to pay your traffic ticket, you can pay it in person during normal police business hours or send a check or money order in the amount of your ticket to the address below. Traffic tickets may not be paid by debit or credit card.

In addition to check or money order, parking tickets can be paid via phone with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover by calling 425-745-6175.

Mill Creek Police Department
Traffic Violations Bureau
15728 Main St.
Mill Creek, WA 98012

If you would like to request a mitigated or contested hearing you will need to mark the box on the ticket for the appropriate hearing, fill in the name and address portion, sign your name and mail or hand deliver your copy to the Mill Creek Police Department. You will be contacted directly by South District Court for your hearing which will be held at South District Court located in Lynnwood.

Medication Disposal

Medication Disposal

Medication Disposal